June 18, 2015 - Toshiba America Medical Systems Inc. has received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) clearance for detector and computed tomography (CT) software enhancements for its Aquilion ONE family of CT systems.
Toshiba emphasizes patient safety in its latest software and hardware enhancements, including:
- AIDR 3D Enhanced: Toshiba's fourth generation of advanced iterative noise reduction algorithm;
- PUREViSION CT Detector: This more efficient CT detector results in 40 percent better light output for better use of X-ray photons;
- SUREkV: Provides automated kV selection based on patient size;
- Organ Effective Modulation: Delivers safer exams for both patients and providers by limiting dose to radiosensitive organs and during helical scanning and CT fluoroscopy procedures;
- Contrast Management: Improves workflow and safety by standardizing contrast protocols and automatically tracking volume of contrast used during an exam; and
- Power Save Mode: Sleep mode option decreases energy consumption when CT system is not in use.
For more information: www.medical.toshiba.com