September 29, 2009 - Nuance Communications Inc. released version 9 of its eScription on-demand platform for computer aided medical transcription (CAMT), a solution used by healthcare organizations to increase productivity and save costs associated with medical transcription (MT).
The new version, which has been deployed at multiple eScription customer sites since spring 2009, introduces enhancements to all five components of the eScription platform, including dictation, background speech recognition, editing and transcription, document distribution and electronic signature. Among its many new features, version 9 offers advancements in document quality review and administrator efficiency, benefiting organizations with in-house MT staff and fully outsourced models.
Key features of version 9 include:
- Quality Assurance: New features offer consistency of standards, definable grading criteria, improved workflow, and updated reports. Quality review can now be completed directly within the eScription platform, eliminating the need for MTs to copy documents into other programs or utilize manual methods.
- Improved Transcription Workflow: Version 9 provides administrators with new ways to save, search, retrieve, and compare documents, as well as to efficiently communicate transcription instructions directly to MTs. These features enhance usability and quality by giving administrators increased access to document workflow.
- Configuration and Management: New configuration and management wizards enable set-up across platform components; features include management of turnaround time priorities, voice capture, and document distribution to multiple facility sites, among others.
- Options for Dictating Clinicians: In addition to telephony, digital dictation devices and the ability to do partial dictations into an electronic health record (EHR), clinicians can now utilize a PC microphone, with voice files uploaded directly to the background speech recognition system to produce drafts for editing.
- Quality of Draft Documents: Continual advances in eScription’s proprietary background speech recognition and natural language processing engines allow the eScription platform to produce increasingly higher quality drafts across a broader base of dictating clinicians within a healthcare organization, thereby increasing MT productivity and delivering accelerated cost savings and ROI for customers.
For more information: www.nuance.com