February 26, 2016 —Nuance Communications Inc. announced Dragon Medical One, a universal and secure cloud-based platform that provides unified voice-driven clinical documentation for physicians, whether they are dictating into electronic health records (EHR) or mobile productivity apps.
For the first time, this personalized and consistent experience extends beyond the current EHR capabilities to include apps physicians’ use every day, including secure communication and messaging apps, such as those from Care Thread, Doc Halo and Imprivata. In addition, Dragon Medical One supports the TigerText developer platform, TigerConnect, voice-enabling apps for care coordination, population health, telemedicine and drug adherence.
Physicians demand a consistent, high-quality experience as their documentation workflows are increasingly split between the desktop, mobile devices and new tools outside the EHR. In 2015 with Nuance’s cloud-based speech recognition, 35 percent of physicians dictated on a mobile device and 65 percent used the desktop where they saved 2.5 hours of documentation for every hour they dictated. Dragon Medical One provides an integrated experience that allows clinicians to use their voice on any intelligent device to expedite care while automatically sharing any speech customizations across devices and applications.
The Dragon Medical One desktop app provides secure, highly accurate and portable cloud-based speech recognition wherever and whenever physicians need to document – regardless of application, device or physical location. The cloud platform provides each physician with a unique Nuance Healthcare ID, providing access to an ecosystem of speech-enabled workflows and personalized tools designed for speed, accuracy and flexibility across the widest range of devices in the industry.
“We are always interested in technology that improves productivity, and cloud-based speech supports the ways physicians work and eases the effort of entering clinical documentation into patient records, Nuance Dragon Medical solutions have let us scale voice recognition in a way that we simply couldn’t have done in any other way,” said Don Fosen, director of IT, Edward-Elmhurst Health.
Other highlights of the new Dragon Medical One platform include:
- Insights – Dragon Medical Analytics measures the time spent documenting and provides individual and organizational insights so leaders can track clinician use, efficiency, productivity and for informed decision making and maximum adoption.
- Workflow Tools and Enhancements – Clinicians can use Dragon Medical One to tap into other workflow enhancements that optimize physician productivity and downstream clinical and financial outcomes, including:
- Dragon Medical Advisor: Analyzes notes in real time and suggests ways to make narrative stronger to increase ICD-10 specificity, improve Case Mix Index, coding, quality and compliance.
- Dragon Medical PowerPack: Evidence-based content including 600+ templates and commands that add specificity and allow physicians to customize rich content in seconds.
- PowerMic Mobile: Enables clinicians to use their smartphone as a secure wireless dictation microphone to dictate, edit and navigate the EHR on any workstation.
- Premium Partner Apps with Embedded Speech: Access to each physician’s common voice profile is available through leading Web-based and mobile EHRs, including Cerner, Epic and eClinicalWorks.
For more information: www.nuance.com