May 27, 2020 — United Imaging's uMR OMEGA is designed to provide greater access to magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) with the world’s first ultra-wide 75-cm bore 3T MRI. The uMR OMEGA has an industry-leading table weight capacity of 680 lbs. and impeccable image quality provided by its homogeneity. uMR OMEGA has expanded capacity for bariatric imaging, and powerful gradients for high fat suppression. uMR OMEGA is excellent for maternal imaging, fast imaging for pediatrics, and high-quality, off-center imaging for common musculoskeletal ailments in the elderly population.
- An estimated 40% of the U.S. population is currently obese, with 8% of the population having a body mass index greater than 50.
- An estimated 2.5% of the U.S. population is affected by claustrophobia. In a typical imaging center, an average of three scans per week are terminated early due to patient claustrophobia.
- Globally, these cancelled scans equate to approximately $1 billion each year in lost revenue.
Key Product Attributes:
- World’s First1 75-cm Ultra-Wide Bore
- 3.0T Superconducting Magnet
- World’s Largest 60 x 60 x 50 cm MRI Field of View
- Industry-Leading 0.029 ppm @ 30 cm DSV Homogeneity
- Highest Capacity 680 lbs. MRI Patient Table
The uMR OMEGA is an example of United Imaging’s mission: Equal Healthcare for All. According to Jeffrey Bundy, Ph.D., chief executive officer at UIH Solutions, “The uMR OMEGA represents a critical advance for patients who will now have access to an enhanced patient experience and a more accommodating MRI scanning environment. This FDA clearance is another huge milestone for our company, as we continually work to set standards in all modalities and make these state-of-the-art capabilities accessible to more communities in the United States and abroad. We are proud to add uMR OMEGA to our already expansive portfolio of medical imaging devices."
“At United Imaging, we are all driven by patient experience: focusing on it, understanding it, improving it,” said Abram Voorhees, vice president of MR. “We intimately understand the anxiety that individuals can experience while undergoing an MRI, as well as the physical limitations of MRI machines today that can make a potentially life-saving study inaccessible. uMR OMEGA was created to remove the obstacles that often limit access for patients. Today’s important announcement brings to light a critical need for our communities — and healthcare overall.”
For more information: www.united-imaging.com