July 25, 2019 — Samsung has announced iQuia, a new digital radiography (DR) platform of premium products and technologies that improves the healthcare experience in clinical daily practices through innovations in quality, imaging and applications (iQuia), according to the company.
At the core of the iQuia platform line-up is the newly upgraded detector, aptly named iQuia Detector, which was showcased during its launch at the 2019 Association for Medical Imaging Management (AHRA) annual meeting, July 21-24 in Aurora, Colo. The detectors will be applied to the premium ceiling DR and mobile systems, iQuia GC85A and iQuia GM85, to enhance workflow and user experience between the systems. Offered in two sizes — 14 x17 inches (S4335-AW) and 17 x17 inches (S4343-AW), the iQuia Detector bolsters improved performance in many key areas:
- Increased distributed weight capacity of 882 lb (400 kg) and 441 lb (200 kg) point load and bend pressure, for the largest of patient sizes and weight-bearing capabilities;
- Improved IP54 dust and water resistance, enhancing the reliability in case of liquid presence during routine clinical use;
- Real-time Shock Sensing and Automatic Defect Calibration at the S-Station, ensuring increased utility throughout the day; and
- Improved ergonomics, including easy carrying finger grips, a chamfered edge, and center engraving for detector alignment and positioning
Additionally, Samsung also introduced Smart Center by iQuia, an enterprise-level quality and asset monitoring solution that continuously aggregates multiple Samsung DR devices’ data into one easy-to-use platform. Smart Center brings the following benefits to Samsung technologies:
- Elevated staff training by zeroing in on specific reject data, including dose analysis and rejected image previews, to help target areas of improvement;
- Enhanced equipment and staff resources utilization with productivity analysis for fleet management to reduce turnaround times and potential equipment downtime;
- Improved Detector Shock Analysis with automatic email of critical shock events to specified users; and
- Streamlined administrator workload that includes centralized reject reason and user management capabilities, allowing Add/Edit/Deactivates from Smart Center by iQuia to push to Samsung DR systems.
The iQuia Detector, iQuia GM85, iQuia GC85A and Smart Center by iQuia were all launched at AHRA.
For more information: www.samsunghealthcare.com