March 25, 2015 — Voyant Health, a Brainlab company, announced that it has received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) clearance on TraumaCad Mobile, a mobile solution for pre-operative orthopedic surgical planning and digital templating.
TraumaCad Mobile will allow healthcare professionals and orthopedic surgeons anywhere, anytime flexibility in conducting pre-operative planning of total hip replacement surgery. The app will be demonstrated at the 2014 American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) annual meeting in Las Vegas.
TraumaCad Mobile allows fast and easy preparation for total hip replacement, using only a few simple gestures. The app features:
- Auto hip replacement planning: Automatically aligns implants and assembles components to calculate leg length discrepancy and offset. These automated steps allow physicians to simply fine-tune the automatic planning.
- Device independence: Based on HTML 5 technology, TraumaCad Mobile can be accessed on iOS devices, or on PC or Mac web browsers, making digital templating available on more devices.
- Automatic calibration: Supports KingMark, a highly accurate and patient-friendly calibration marker for AP pelvis, as well as standard spherical markers and manual oversize.
- Comprehensive template library: Includes an extensive, regularly updated library of hip digital templates with interactive sizing, positioning and optimization.
- Collaboration and inventory management: Used with Quentry image sharing service by Brainlab, plans can be shared to better predict inventory and instrumentation requirements.
- For enterprise or single user: TraumaCad Mobile can be integrated with existing picture archive and communication systems (PACS) with enterprise-grade security and administrative management, or can be used stand-alone.
For more information: www.brainlab.com