February 7, 2019 — Laurel Bridge Software added more than 40 new clients in 2018, in addition to helping more clinical information technology (IT) systems manufacturers improve the interoperability of their systems. The company will highlight these and other accomplishments at the upcoming 2019 Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) conference, Feb. 11-15, 2019 in Orlando, Fla.
Recent new healthcare provider clients include University of Alabama at Birmingham, Lahey Clinic, University of Pennsylvania (Penn Health), Advocate Aurora Healthcare and Trinity Health.
Enterprise IT staff who are responsible for understanding and resolving medical image data and workflow interoperability issues that arise from health system merger and acquisitions are driving much of the growth. Because these issues often span disparate systems, the need to access data and define relevance in these workflow scenarios is typically more nuanced than when they are limited to a single department. The areas in which healthcare providers commonly have challenges and look to Laurel Bridge for help include:
- Women's imaging;
- Archive migrations and consolidations;
- Point-of-care imaging;
- Dictation integration; and
- Picture archiving and communication system (PACS) deconstruction.
Interest in Laurel Bridge Software solutions was also driven by the release of new capability in 2018 including:
- A transient and queryable study cache in Compass;
- The Waypoint Consolidated Modality Worklist server;
- Encounter-based imaging workflow support;
- Laurel Bridge's Compass Routing Workflow Manager provides a scalable architecture that can serve the high throughput and sophisticated workflow needs of the largest integrated health systems. It also can be integrated with the Navigator - Imaging Retrieval Workflow Manager from Laurel Bridge to solve complex enterprise imaging workflow problems, such as retrieving and normalizing imaging studies from multiple facilities, PACS or VNA systems.
- In addition, the Exodus - Migration and Consolidation Controller can work in concert with these products to manage complex migration requirements.
For more information: www.laurelbridge.com