October 10, 2017 — Infinitt announced that its DoseM web-based radiation dose management system will now include an organ dosimetry tool to assess computed tomography (CT) radiation dose to radiosensitive organs using advanced patient models.
DoseM automatically extracts, stores and manages dose information from radiation devices and can be interfaced with hospital information systems to make dose information accessible as part of the patient record.
Features of the Organ Dose Module include:
- Enables users to assess mean dose delivered to organs, with a web-based solution and easy-to-use graphical user interface;
- Uses the Monte Carlo algorithm in accordance with ICRP- 60 and ICRP-103 tissue weighting factors;
- Takes several parameters into consideration, including height, weight, age, pregnancy stage, etc.;
- Estimates dose received by the fetus at different stages of gestation; and
- Integrates seamlessly with DoseM software, providing more accurate information without any extra effort on the part of the user.
For more information: www.infinittna.com