February 26, 2015 — Carestream added several major software and hardware enhancements to its newest DRX imaging system — the Carestream DRX-Evolution Plus. The digital radiography (DR) system will begin shipping later in 2015.
The DRX-Evolution Plus offers:
- A sleek design with LED lighting for enhanced functionality and aesthetics
- Greater flexibility in high-ceiling rooms via an extended tube column
- A new high-performance generator designed by Carestream
- An optional table to accommodate patients up to 705 pounds (320 Kg); and
- Forward-looking design specifications to embrace future advanced imaging applications from Carestream as they become available.
Advanced capabilities of the system include:
- A wall stand Bucky-angulation feature that expedites cross table and other complex X-ray exams
- Tube touchscreen that allows a technologist to change techniques and view images from the tube
- Pediatric capabilities including automatic technique and image processing for seven pediatric body size categories
- Bone suppression software for optimized viewing of soft tissue
- Fast, secure log-in process using RFID badges
- A transbay option that enables fast tube movement across multiple trauma bays, which helps expedite treatment while minimizing movement of critically ill or injured patients
- Automatic acquisition and stitching for long-length and supine imaging exams; and
- IHE Dose Reporting to facilitate data sharing with a facility’s dose management system.
The DRX-Evolution Plus also offers modular components and configurations and supports a choice of three DRX detectors, including two cesium iodide detectors (35 x 43 cm and 25 x 30 cm) for high-quality imaging. For maximum productivity, the DRX-Evolution Plus can be configured with a 43 x 43 cm fixed detector in the wall stand, and one or two additional wireless detectors that can be used for table Bucky and tabletop exams.
For more information: www.carestream.com