January 22, 2008 — Carestream Health Inc. announced recent contract signings for its newest computed radiography platform with leading U.S. healthcare facilities.
The KODAK DIRECTVIEW Classic and Elite CR Systems are compact, single-cassette systems that the company claims deliver exceptional versatility and eliminate the need for additional units by supporting general radiography, long-length, dental and mammography exams (in countries where approved for mammography applications).
The Elite CR system offers a throughput of up to 90 cassettes per hour, which includes loading, scanning, erasing and ejecting a 35 x 43 cm cassette. The Classic CR system features throughput of up to 69 cassettes an hour for a 35 x 43 cm cassette. Both systems incorporate Carestream Health’s newest generation of CR operating software and enhanced image-processing software. Automatic image rendering reportedly improves productivity by eliminating the need for technologists to identify each exam projection, while user-customized settings reduce the need for radiologists to make adjustments.
The following healthcare have placed orders for either one or both of the systems:
- Axminster Medical (Hawthorne, CA)
- Hermann Hospital (Hermann, MO)
- Healthcare Midwest (Kalamazoo, MI).
- Inter-Community Memorial Hospital (Newfane, NY)
- Iowa Health Des Moines IMMC/BCH Campus (Des Moines, IA)
- Kaiser Permanente (Honolulu, HI)
- Lifetime Health (Rochester, NY) - Lockport Imaging Center (Lockport, NY)
- Lockport Memorial Hospital (Lockport, NY)
- Swedish American Hospital (Rockford, IL)
- Tower Imaging (Alabaster, AL)
- Washington County Hospital (Washington, IL)
For more information: www.carestreamhealth.com.