A number of vendors offer digital radiography (DR) systems. They include the following:
- Canon offers the CXDI-70C wireless DR system, recently cleared by the FDA. It weighs 7.5 pounds, features a 14- by 17-inch image area, a cesium iodide (CsI) scintillator and cable-free image transfer. Canon also offers the CXDI-50RF and CXDI-60C portable DR systems and CXDI-40G Compact DR, with a 17- by 17-inch detector that allows for upgrades to existing radiography equipment.
- The new CMDR-2S from MinXray is composed of the company’s HF120/60HPPWV PowerPlus portable X-ray unit paired with a Varian PaxScan 4336R imaging panel and a Dell Latitude laptop computer to provide a complete, physically integrated, portable DR system.
- The fully transportable IMIX RadStation system provides a medical facility with the ability to achieve DR imaging from multiple portable X-ray systems. It comes equipped with the IMIX SlimlineT TFT-based detector with a 14- by 17-inch field of view.
- Facilities can convert existing analog X-ray rooms to digital with the FDR D-EVO flat-panel cassette from Fujifilm Medical Systems USA Inc., which recently received 510(k) clearance from the FDA. The FDR D-EVO can be inserted directly into an existing X-ray table or wall stand without modification. It has a detachable cord, weighs 6 pounds and measures 14 by 17 inches, providing portability to address lateral or other cassette-based exams as needed.
- Siemens recently enhanced its DR product with new software. Siemens’ Ysio now includes Riverain Medical’s SoftView Enhanced Chest Imaging technology, which takes existing chest X-rays and suppresses the ribs and clavicles to improve visibility of soft tissue structures of the lungs. It also eliminates unnecessary, additional radiation dose and motion artifacts that commonly plague competing dual-energy solutions.
- Agfa HealthCare’s DX-D 500n and DX-D 300 DR systems recently became available in the United States. The DX-D 300 universal arm DR solution and the ceiling-mounted DX-D 500n DR system were developed to support a wide range of exams while also providing high image quality. They also are DICOM-compliant, allowing for RIS, PACS and hospital information system (HIS) compatibility.
- Carestream Healthcare offers the DRX-1 and DRX-Evolution systems, as well as a DRX-Mobile Retrofit kit.