July 17, 2014 — Samsung announced that Winthrop-University Hospital is the first U.S. provider to receive Samsung’s premium ultrasound system — the Samsung UGEO WS80A. The news came one month after the U.S. launch of the UGEO WS80A, which combines Samsung’s latest medical imaging technology and 5-D adaptive segmentation in an effort to redefine ultrasound for women’s health.
Winthrop-University Hospital in Mineola, N.Y., also collaborated with Samsung engineers and application specialists on the evaluation and development of key U.S. requirements for the UGEO WS80A system. The system is in use in the main ultrasound unit of Winthrop, where the staff of six maternal fetal medicine doctors and 20 perinatal sonographers have benefited from the system’s performance, intuitive design and ease of use of the console.
“The image quality, improved workflow, user interface, and user acceptability of the Samsung UGEO WS80A has renewed an environment of discovery and enthusiasm in our seasoned and well-trained ultrasound staff,” said Martin Chavez, chief of maternal fetal medicine at Winthrop-University Hospital. “This ultrasound systems goes a long way in showcasing what Samsung wants to be known for — being a leader in woman’s healthcare imaging.”
The Samsung UGEO WS80A incorporates Samsung's latest innovations to deliver fast, easy and accurate ultrasound images for OB/GYN applications. Key features include:
- 21.5” wide LED monitor with 10.1” touch panel — Offers exceptional image quality and an intuitive user interface.
- 5-D adaptive segmentation — 5-D visualization technology streamlines workflow using adaptive segmentation of volume anatomy for more consistent and confident clinical assessment.
- FRV (Feto Realistic View) — Provides detailed 3-D visualization of subtle anatomical features, enhancing both diagnostic confidence and the patient experience.
- Single crystal probe — Advanced piezoelectric crystal design offers high resolution and penetration through its wide bandwidth.
- Five year standard warranty — The UGEO WS80A will come with a five-year standard warranty, offering healthcare providers a reliable, cost-effective and operationally efficient ultrasound for women’s health applications.
The UGEO WS80A features the Hybrid Beamforming Engine evo, providing improved gray scale and color while delivering a more precise signal than previous beamforming engines. SDMR evo offers speckle reduction, as well as edge and contrast enhancement for clear, distinct images. The system features an ergonomic design with user conveniences such as smooth height adjustment and a gel warmer, while the touchscreen provides an intuitive user interface for easy operation.
For more information: samsung.com/healthcare