July 27, 2018 — Varian announced it will be showcasing its advanced cancer care solutions, including a new version of the Eclipse treatment planning software with support for the Halcyon 2.0 treatment system, at the 2018 American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM) annual meeting, July 29-Aug. 2 in Nashville.
Additional Varian solutions being demonstrated at AAPM 2018 include:
- Halcyon 2.0 featuring kV cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT) and Iterative CBCT imaging for better soft tissue definition;
- HyperArc high-definition radiotherapy, designed to to automate and simplify sophisticated advanced stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) treatments and allow more clinicians to deliver treatments safely and confidently in standard treatment time slots;
- Eclipse Multi-Criteria Optimization (MCO), which allows clinicians to explore the impact when conflicting clinical criteria are varied. MCO leverages RapidPlan to expedite finding the optimal plan for a given patient with minimal trial and error iterations;
- Velocity 4.0 with Rapidsphere, a module for Y90 selective internal radiation therapy (SIRT) dosimetry analysis;
- TrueBeam v2.7 with Iterative CBCT– On the TrueBeam platform, Iterative CBCT produces high-quality images for better visualization of soft tissue structures; and
- Brachytherapy: Varian's integrated solution includes a full line of brachytherapy applicators, as well as BrachyVision 3-D treatment planning system, VariSeed LDR treatment planning system, and Vitesse real-time planning for HDR brachytherapy.
For more information: www.varian.com