September 19, 2017 — Varian Medical Systems announced it will be demonstrating its new Halcyon platform and HyperArc high-definition radiotherapy (HDRT) at the 2017 American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) Annual Meeting, Sept. 24-27 in San Diego. The company also will host its Users Meeting on Sept. 23 prior to the ASTRO meeting.
The Halcyon platform helps simplify and enhance virtually every aspect of image-guided volumetric intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT), while HyperArc HDRT is an advanced type of radiosurgery treatment.
In addition to Halcyon and HyperArc, Varian will showcase these solutions for simplifying and increasing access to advanced cancer care:
- Eclipse 15.5 featuring treatment planning for HyperArc HDRT, RapidPlan knowledge-based planning, multicriteria optimization (MCO), plus fast optimization and dose calculation;
- Iterative cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) on the TrueBeam platform, which produces exceptionally high quality images, according to the company, for better visualization of soft tissue structures;
- ProBeam proton therapy, configurable as single- or multi-room solutions featuring gantries that rotate a full 360 degrees, RapidScan high-speed pencil-beam scanning for single-breath-hold lung SBPT and iterative CBCT for enhanced soft tissue resolution; and
- Varian Marketplace, a digital marketplace for Varian and customer apps and software product extensions to solve real-world clinical and operational problems.
The Varian Users Meeting will provide attendees with new insights on the latest Varian technology. Topics include:
- Early experience with the Halcyon system;
- Multicriteria optimization and high-performance computing;
- Using 360 Oncology care management to make multidisciplinary tumor boards smarter and more efficient;
- Robust planning for proton therapy using the Eclipse system;
- Multi-modality imaging in treatment planning, delivery and response assessment; and
- First clinical impressions of HyperArc for treating brain metastases.
For more information: www.varian.com