May 27, 2015 — Kareo announced the launch of its Apple Watch App. This most recent innovation extends the functionality of the company’s electronic health record (EHR) to Apple Watch, streamlining care delivery and enhancing the patient experience by improving communications, reducing patient wait times and increasing practice efficiency.
Kareo is launching this new Apple Watch App in response to the growing demands on physicians to increase their focus on all aspects of patient engagement. The app provides the most relevant, practice-oriented information necessary to improve care and increase practice efficiency. Key functionalities include:
- Secure messaging that allows the user to send, reply and read messages via dictation. Messages can be sent to staff or patients using Kareo’s secure messaging system, improving overall patient engagement and practice communication;
- An agenda that allows the provider to quickly reference their schedule and see the status of appointments checked-in, no show, late, checked out, etc., helping reduce wait times and improve practice efficiency;
- Appointment reminders that can be sent five minutes before the next scheduled appointment. The notification subtly vibrates the watch, indicating that the doctor has an impending appointment;
- Appointment information that is accessible within a notification or through the agenda, allowing the provider to review details such as the patient’s name, time of appointment, visit type, and reason for the visit;
- “I’m Running Late” pre-set messages that allow the doctor inform other staff members when they are running behind and how much longer they expect to be. This improves practice communication and enables the front desk to give patients a more accurate wait time estimate; and
- Apple “Glances” that provide a quick overview of key practice metrics, including how many patients are scheduled throughout the day, how many patients are waiting to be seen, and which patients are currently waiting in an exam room.
All features of Kareo’s Apple Watch App are HIPAA-compliant and secure, ensuring all data are private, yet easily accessible.
The app will be available for download on the Apple Watch App Store at the end of May.
For more information: www.kareo.com