October 4, 2017 — HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division and Solis Mammography have entered into a joint venture agreement to make breast health diagnostic services more accessible and convenient across the greater Houston region. The collaboration will result in 16 local sites by the end of 2018, including the Oct. 2 grand opening of a new dedicated breast health center at HCA-affiliated The Woman’s Hospital of Texas.
The collaboration builds on the success of a three-year partnership between Medical City Healthcare (HCA’s North Texas Division) and Solis Mammography at more than a dozen centers in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex.
“Understanding the critical importance of preventative screening to overall breast health, we know early detection through high-quality screening is key. We also know that offering easy access, convenient locations and patient-centric services makes it easier for women to get the preventative care that offers the best possible options for treatment, minimizing the stress, cost and risks that come with later stage diagnosis,” said Stephen Nesbit, DO, HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division chief medical officer.
The partnership kicks off with three existing locations located in Northwest Houston, Katy and Sugar Land and the opening of the new center in the newly refurbished One Fannin Center located next to The Woman’s Hospital of Texas. The new space offers more than 6,000 square feet of breast screening and diagnostic 3-D mammography computer-aided detection, breast ultrasound, stereotactic breast biopsy, ultrasound-guided biopsy, breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and bone density scanning – all in an environment uniquely designed to promote patient relaxation and peace of mind.
Providing radiologist coverage for the centers in the region will be Woman’s Radiology Associates and Rose Imaging Specialists, both under the direction of Solis Chief Medical Officer Stephen Rose, M.D. “From my own practice, I’ve seen dramatic improvement in early detection and reduced recalls from 3-D – providing greater patient care for the women we serve,” said Rose.
Through the new partnership, Houston-area women will have greater access to upgraded technology, research-based clinical protocols, convenient locations and an enhanced center experience, including:
- Seamless continuum of care through The Woman’s Hospital of Texas and HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division facilities, if treatment is needed beyond screening and diagnostic imaging;
- Exceptional clinical accuracy through breast specialization (a practice shown to dramatically increase the accuracy of a mammogram);
- The most advanced technology available, including 3-D mammography (also known as digital breast tomosynthesis), scheduling software and data management;
- Warm and welcoming breast imaging centers with decor, music, artwork and aesthetics designed for today’s female consumer;
- Easier ability to book appointments through real-time, 24/7 access to online scheduling;
- Improved patient conveniences, like ease of center access, convenient locations, free parking, valet parking, tablet registration, complimentary Wi-Fi and quick turnaround time in the center – typically less than 30 to 40 minutes; and
- Fast, accurate results by email within 24-48 hours of the visit.
For more information: www.solismammo.com