May 14, 2015 — Infinitt North America announced that it has opened an additional ultra-secure, government-grade center in Richmond, Virginia, to address the need created by its Infinitt Smart-NET cloud-picture archiving and communication system (PACS) solution.
The new 1.3 million-square-foot campus consists of multiple data center buildings and is owned and operated by Quality Technology Services (QTS). The facility is designed to meet the most stringent redundancy and security requirements.
Infinitt selected the QTS facility based on its scalability, protected fiber connectivity, fault-tolerant power and cooling, and security measures that exceed even the National Football League’s (NFL) cloud technology specifications.
QTS offers innovative, flexible and scalable data center solutions and fully managed services for enterprise businesses and government agencies. The company is based on a “3C” data center product platform, featuring custom data centers, co-location and cloud services.
Richmond was a preferred location for the data center facility because it is historically safe from earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes and hail storms. It is also located outside the 50-mile blast zone for Washington, D.C., and Dominion Richmond’s asset portfolio includes 27,000 megawatts of power generation with 6,000 miles of electrical transmission lines.
Security measures employed at the data center include:
- 500-foot setback to all buildings, surrounded by an energized fence protecting the campus perimeter;
- K-12 delta vehicle barriers with K-12 rated fencing at all vehicle entrances;
- Hardened 24/7/365 visitor screening facility, rated National Institute of Justice (NIJ) Ballistic Level 3;
- Metal detection devices and X-ray scanning instruments screening all visitors;
- Central command center with 24/7/365 security staff with roving armed security officers;
- Security monitoring with video surveillance and security cameras; and
- Card access, biometric fingerprint and iris scan identification systems throughout the facility.
For more information: www.infinittna.com