April 6, 2017 — Image Diagnostics Inc. (IDI) recently introduced the ilex55 as the world’s first large field 4k mobile and multi-modality monitor system. With top surgical imaging capabilities in a mobile platform for hospitals and surgery centers, the technology offers superior clinical accuracy during gastrointestinal (GI), general, orthopedic, spine and vascular, hybrid surgery, according to IDI.
In a recent interview, Kashif Ahmed, M.D., and David B. Thomas, M.D., leading gastroenterologists of IU Health, told of how ilex55 has changed their daily procedural experiences from their previous use of fixed integration in their primary OR. “Access to our fixed room is often limited and caused issues with scheduling in the past,” said Thomas.
“We had to give 24-hour notice to line up the room for surgery or send patients to other hospitals for ERCP’s [endoscopic retrograde cholangio-pancreatography] because we couldn’t schedule the room in time,” said Ahmed. “The biggest benefit of having the ilex55 is that unpredictability in room scheduling has gone away due to the mobility of the system and that it can adapt to any room.”
Along with mobility, the doctors also noticed that the quality and size of the imaging on the device enhanced their daily experiences during surgery. “The ilex55 has very good resolution, and I like the size because I don't have to lean over to see like I had to before. Especially when you are doing multiple procedures in a day, it’s much more comfortable. I really like having all of the images right in one place and not having to look back and forth at the different screens. The convenience of that has been tremendous for us.”
“And,” Ahmed added, “sometimes you might miss something small on the smaller screen. With the ilex55, I know I’m not missing anything. I also don't have to mag up as much as I did before because I can see so well with the ilex.”
They also mentioned the added features that ilex55 offers. “The speakers weren't the reason that we bought it, but it's a really nice feature to have,” said Thomas. “Overall, there is a much better environment with the ilex.”
Imaging features of the ilex55 include:
- 55-inch UHD 4K monitor on an easy-to-move mobile platform with 20-inch vertical travel;
- Display one 4K image or up to four 26-inch HD images at one time;
- Remote control video formatting;
- Calibrated surgical color;
- Integrated speaker and USB charging station; and
- Displays analog and digital signals from multiple sources including: C-arm, ultrasound, hemodynamics, microscopes, cameras, image guidance and picture archiving and communication systems (PACS).
Other advantages of the system include:
- Precision and safety — ilex55 provides an increase in sharpness and clarity. Customers reported that due to the larger, clearer image, precision and safety have improved during procedures;
- Mobility and efficiency — The ilex55 is adaptable to any room or procedure, maximizing time and room ergonomics;
- Comfort – Customers reported that ilex55’s larger screen and ability to display four inputs on one imaging device increases comfort and reduces strain of having to look at multiple small screens during procedures; and
- Dose reduction — ilex55 customers observe and state they will use the C-Arm Mag function less, as the image quality is improved and so much larger.
For more information: www.imagediagnostics.com