September 30, 2011 – iCAD Inc. will showcase its family of computer-aided detection (CAD) and advanced imaging solutions at the Radiological Society of North America’s (RSNA) Annual Meeting, Nov. 27-Dec. 3, 2011, in Chicago, Ill.
iCAD offers a comprehensive range of high-performance, upgradeable CAD systems and workflow solutions for mammography, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and computed tomography (CT).
This year at RSNA, iCAD will be demonstrating its VeraLook CAD technology with Vital Images CTC solution for the first time since the combined solution was made available earlier this year.
VeraLook is a revolutionary CAD solution for virtual colonoscopy (CTC) designed to enhance clinician accuracy and effectiveness by improving detection of colonic polyps. Computer-aided detection (CAD) for virtual colonoscopy has been shown to be effective in the detection of colonic polyps and to have a positive effect on reader sensitivity. VeraLook will be demonstrated on a Vital Images Vitrea as well as on TeraRecon AQI, and Viatronix V3D workstations.
iCAD will be displaying its new MRI product suite, offering a comprehensive quantitative image analysis suite for assisting in cancer detection, staging, localization, treatment planning and serial monitoring.
- VividLook and SpectraLook for prostate and breast MRI – these DCE MRI analysis solutions provide objective quantitative image analysis for assisting in cancer detection, localization, staging, treatment planning, and serial monitoring. An advanced pharmacokinetic model assesses changes in signal intensity to calculate colorized overlays and numerical values of key physiological parameters that allow the radiologist to discern biological processes taking place in malignant versus benign tumors. Utilizing all available time points (ATP) minimizes the influence of changing dynamic protocols and contrast injection timing, providing a more robust enhancement curve that is less affected by noise and other external factors.
- OmniLook for other organs such as liver, kidney and brain – Omnilook is a generalized software module that allows advanced images analysis using a pharmacokinetic model to be applied to other organs of interest where dynamic contrast imaging may be used, giving users the full flexibility to meet the clinical needs of a growing practice.
- PrecisionPoint for MR-guided biopsy – iCAD’s interventional planning solution for breast MRI, provides radiologists with an automatic calculation of the location and depth of a targeted region of interest, making biopsies easier, faster and more reliable. PrecisionPoint is an integrated module within VersaVue, iCAD’s MRI review software solution. Using VersaVue and PrecisionPoint, radiologists have a quick, easy way to secure all the necessary data for an interventional procedure, streamlining their planning and performance of MRI-guided percutaneous breast biopsies.
- VersaVue Enterprise software for MR image analysis – iCAD’s MRI review software and analysis solution with advanced thin client architecture, enabling faster data access and read-anywhere capability. VersaVue provides robust dynamic contrast-enhanced (DCE) MRI image analysis and flexible review and reporting tools. These solutions facilitate standardization of morphology and kinetic analysis, interpretation and reporting. VersaVue software also provides an efficient method for clinicians to compare studies of the same patient performed over time to assess the morphology and kinetic changes. VersaVue provides consistent, objective analysis of key lesion parameters – Ktrans (PERM), Kep, VE, Vp,andiAUC.
As an industry-leading provider of mammography computer-aided detection (CAD) solutions for the early identification of breast cancer, iCAD will be showcasing at RSNA its next-generation solution for CAD for mammography, as well as its recently available Digital Multi-Vendor solution.
- SecondLook Digital is optimized for leading digital mammography systems, including GE Healthcare, Siemens Medical Systems, Fujifilm Medical Systems, Sectra, Planmed, Hologic Selenia, IMS Giotto, Philips and Agfa Healthcare. In addition, iCAD’s SecondLook Digital provides the most powerful flexible DICOM connectivity solution, enabling universal compatibility with leading picture archive and communications systems (PACS) and review workstations.
- SecondLook Premier (available for sale outside the United States) is for breast imagers who want the most advanced and customizable digital mammography computer-aided detection (CAD) solution. SecondLook Premier has been designed and developed using a 100 percent digital image database, providing improved digital CAD performance. SecondLook Premier offers superior detection and includes clinical decision support tools such as CAD Metrics and CAD iNSIGHT to provide breast imagers with the most robust CAD solution available.
- SecondLook Digital Multi-Vendor Solution has been designed to work simultaneously with multiple digital mammography vendors thus providing our customers the flexibility of choosing which digital mammography vendor they want to use as their practice expands.
For more information: www.icadmed.com