May 6, 2009 - GE Chairman and CEO Jeff Immelt will hold a press conference at 10 a.m. Thursday, May 7, in Washington, D.C., at the Newseum, 555 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W. , to unveil GE’s new global business strategy for delivering better health care to more people at a lower cost.
Mr. Immelt will publicly unveil GE’s multibillion dollar commitment and engagement with a wide array of partners to improve and strengthen the sustainability of global healthcare systems—specifically in areas of health technology, independent living, rural health; healthcare cost-containment and employee engagement.
Mr. Immelt will be joined for the announcement by confirmed keynote panelists:
- Eric Dishman, general manager and global director, Intel’s Product Research and Innovation Group
- Brent James, M.D., Executive Director for Intermountain Healthcare's Institute for Healthcare Delivery Research
- Rich Miller, president and CEO, of Virtua an award-winning multi-hospital healthcare system headquartered in Marlton, New Jersey
- Fred Rachman, M.D., Interim CEO and chief medical officer of Alliance of Chicago Community Health Services
- James Kimonyo, Rwandan Ambassador to the United States
Modeled after GE’s “Ecomagination” project, this expansive effort is being simultaneously launched in San Palo, Toronto, London and Brussels with additional global events to be rolled out in the ensuing 72 hours following Mr. Immelt’s press event.
For more information: www.gehealthcare.com