GE Healthcare announced today the introduction of a new ultrasound imaging system, Voluson E8, with CAD and 4-D imaging for women’s healthcare, extending GE's Voluson ultrasound platform.
Voluson E8 includes SonoVCAD (Sonography based Volume Computer Aided Diagnosis), a new automated imaging tool designed to improve workflow by making it easier to acquire volume images of the fetal heart. This technology displays all of the 2-D planes and includes identification of the 4-chamber, left outflow tract and right outflow tract view of the fetal heart.
Other new tools available on the Voluson E8 include:
• A high-resolution 4-D transvaginal probe that helps clinicians see and detect fetal abnormalities earlier than ever before, while also showing promise for improving diagnostic confidence in complex GYN exams, such as early pathology diagnosis.
• The new matrix array volume probe for improving image clarity for volume imaging, and provides better visualization for 2-D and multiplanar imaging with increased spatial resolution.
• TruScan architecture, a feature that simplifies post-processing and archiving by enabling quick access to saved images from a previous study.
• SonoErgonomics - the control panel is electrically adjustable and the high-resolution flat-panel display is independent of the main console, moving on an articulating arm that glides into place.
• ViewPoint, an OB/GYN patient data management solution.