Compare Assistant tool for Logiq S8 allows users to view a prior study while conducting current exam via a split screen.
February 3, 2014 — GE Healthcare, a unit of General Electric Company, developed features on the Logiq S8 general imaging ultrasound system. The innovations allow for enhanced image quality and streamlined workflow for healthcare providers, and help shorten exam times for patients. GE presented the advancements at the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) 2013 conference.
GE’s suite of software on the Logiq S8 help deliver enhanced scan efficiencies and imaging capabilities, and include:
- Compare Assistant allows clinicians to display DICOM compatible directly on the ultrasound monitor before or during an exam. This software tool has the capability to standardize imaging protocols, expedite exam preparation and planning, and provides interpreting physicians with comparative views.
- Power Assistant provides battery power during transport to help decrease system shutdown and reboot time by 90 percent.
- Scan Assistant has the ability to significantly decrease keystrokes and help shorten ultrasound exam time. A study showed the tool can reduce keystrokes up to 79 percent, leading to a potential 54 percent reduction in exam time.
- Breast Measure Assistant tools help enable clinicians to shorten exam time for measurement intensive exams. Breast Measure Assistant measure lesions with an auto-contour feature that helps reduce keystrokes. The OB Measure Assistant is a similar tool for use during fetal measurement exams.
- Breast and Thyroid Productivity Packages help improve efficiency and standardization of lesion reporting by automating the labeling, measuring and description of lesions to enhance both efficiency and clinical confidence.
GE Healthcare unveiled ten transducers to go with the system. The probes provide flexibility across a broad range of applications and patient types. They include:
- RAB6-D – Multi-frequency real-time 4-D convex transducer for abdominal, obstetrics, gynecology and pediatrics
- 10C-D – Broad-spectrum micro-convex transducer for neonatal, pediatrics and vascular
- C2-6b-D – Dedicated biopsy convex transducer for abdominal and interventional
- 3CRF-D – Broad-spectrum micro-convex biopsy transducer for abdominal
- 11L-D – Broad-spectrum linear transducer for vascular, small parts, neonatal and pediatrics
- S1-5-D – Broad-spectrum sector transducer for cardiac, transcranial and stress
- RIC5-9-D 4D – Multi-frequency, real-time 4-D micro-convex transducer for obstetrics, gynecology and urology
- 6Tc – RS multi-plane Cardiac TEE probe
- 3Sp-D – Broad-spectrum sector transducer for cardiac, transcranial, stress
- 6S-D – Broad-spectrum sector transducer for adult, cardiac and pediatric
For more information: www.gehealthcare.com