At the center of the campaign, Fujifilm will be traveling around the U.S. with its "Aspire to Be Fearless" mobile mammography coach to provide educational opportunities for clinicians, raise awareness about the importance of screening and will be providing mammograms to the underserved population in key locations.
June 14, 2019 — Fujifilm Medical Systems U.S.A. Inc. announced a nationwide awareness campaign titled ‘Aspire to Be Fearless’ focused on improving access to breast health education and mammography screening services for every woman that needs it, especially those most reluctant. At the center of the campaign, Fujifilm will be traveling around the U.S. with its ‘Aspire to Be Fearless’ mobile mammography coach to provide educational opportunities for clinicians, raise awareness about the importance of screening and will be providing mammograms to the underserved population in key locations.
Fujifilm kicked-off the campaign by supporting an educational event, the Pink Table Brunch, on June 12, 2019 in Portland, Ore. The event featured experts in the field of health, nutrition and breast care. Each presenter shared the latest information about what participants need to know in order to help lessen the fear if they or a loved one is diagnosed with breast cancer. Nisha Jackson, Ph.D., author of a new book entitled “Brilliant Burnout,” signed her latest book at the event.
According to Fujifilm, breast cancer is one of the most feared cancers among women and some women may feel so apprehensive that they put off their breast exams.1 National Cancer Institute statistics show 1 in 8 women may be diagnosed with breast cancer at some time during her life2. Finding breast cancer early and getting state-of-the-art cancer treatment are the most important strategies to prevent deaths from breast cancer.3 Women whose breast cancer is detected at an early stage have on average a 90 percent survival rate in the first five years.4 Unfortunately, minority women are more likely to be diagnosed at a later stage of breast cancer, in part due to barriers to timely screening mammography, resulting in poorer mortality and survival outcomes.5
The ‘Aspire to Be Fearless’ mobile mammography coach will be equipped with a waiting room, dressing room, Aspire Cristalle digital mammography system with digital breast tomosynthesis and Aspire Bellus II mammography diagnostic workstation. Mammography screening services will be available beginning fall 2019. A series of educational events will be hosted by Fujifilm throughout the year in select markets around the country, reaching 48 states over the course of 18 months.
For more information please visit www.fujimed.com
1. “Overcoming the Fear of Breast Cancer.” HealthyWomen.Org. Retrieved from https://www.healthywomen.org/content/article/overcoming-fear-breast-cancer
2. “Breast Cancer Risk in American Women.” National Cancer Institute. Retrieved from https://www.cancer.gov/types/breast/risk-fact-sheet
3. “American Cancer Society Recommendations for the Early Detection of Breast Cancer.” American Cancer Society. Retrieved from https://www.cancer.org/cancer/breast-cancer/screening-tests-and-early-detection/american-cancer-society-recommendations-for-the-early-detection-of-breast-cancer.html
4. “Survival Rates for Breast Cancer.” American Cancer Society.” Retrieved from https://www.cancer.org/cancer/breast-cancer/understanding-a-breast-cancer-diagnosis/breast-cancer-survival-rates.html
5. “Gendered and Racialized Social Expectations, Barriers, and Delayed Breast Cancer Diagnosis” Cancer Journal (September 24, 2018). Retrieved from https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1002/cncr.31636?purchase_referrer=www.breastcancer.org&tracking_action=preview_click&r3_referer=wol&show_checkout=1