Elekta SmartClinic is one of the key features in the Mosaiq Plaza suite of data-focused integrative oncology software
October 30, 2018 — At the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) Annual Meeting, Oct. 21-24 in San Antonio, Elekta introduced the Mosaiq Plaza suite of data-focused integrative oncology software, highlighting the company's comprehensive strategy for precision radiation medicine. This strategy enables complex radiation therapy treatment regimens while simplifying and streamlining the delivery of care. As part of this strategy, the company also highlighted Elekta Unity, its magnetic resonance radiation therapy (MR/RT) system.
Mosaiq Plaza offers delivery of complex precision radiation medicine treatment regimens. The software is a patient-centric, integrative operating system, designed to work seamlessly with Elekta's radiotherapy systems to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective treatment. Elekta said this technology will drive efficient daily practice and connectivity to bring people and information together. Key features include:
- Elekta SmartClinic: Enables process visualization and automated streamlined care coordination with fewer clicks and portability;
- Monaco HD treatment planning: With Smart Sequencing and true Multicriterial Optimization, Elekta said Monaco HD achieves superior plan quality with short delivery time;
- IBM Watson for Oncology: A tool that augments clinicians' expertise with evidence-based decision support and provides patients with data-driven care regardless of where they are treated;
- Voice Automation: Integrates Palabra's voice recognition technology and customizable templates with Mosaiq, reducing the time needed to create accurate patients notes; and
- Care Collaboration: Supports tumor boards and multidisciplinary meeting experiences with cross-specialty data visualization.
Elekta's suite of radiation delivery systems includes:
Elekta Unity, the first high-field magnetic resonance radiation therapy (MR/RT) system, which allows clinicians to see and track difficult-to-visualize soft tissue anatomies during radiation dosing;
Leksell Gamma Knife Icon for intracranial radiosurgery, which offers HD motion management and stereotactic cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) imaging, allowing for precision radiosurgery with online dose adaptation;
Versa HD, a high-definition dynamic radiosurgery (HDRS) platform that offers precision and speed to deliver stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) and stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) treatments throughout the body in standard treatment time slots; and
Elekta brachytherapy solutions, including Venezia, a gynecologic brachytherapy applicator designed to treat advanced cervical cancer.
For more information: www.elekta.com