October 29, 2010 - At RSNA 2010, Philips is introducing a series of new Workflow Layer applications for its popular iSite PACS. The system combines relevant patient data with clinical applications to deliver images within three seconds to anywhere in the hospital enterprise. The Workflow Layer complements its image and information management capabilities with five applications:
• My Dashboard is the central access point to each user’s workflow. It streamlines workflow access, provides at-a-glance visibility to real-time workflow data and can be personalized based on the user’s role.
• Communication Management enhances productivity and efficiency through contextually integrated communication between iSite PACS users. It fosters collaboration, reduces interruptions and improves radiologist throughput.
• Assignment and Resident workflow management supports complex/distributed reading environments via comprehensive assignment management. It enhances efficiency, streamlines reading in large distributed institutions and assists with the management of reading allocation.
• Peer review management facilitates compliance with the ACR-Mandated Peer Review process and provides embedded inreading workflow while minimizing the burden on radiologists.
• ED-RAD discrepancy management improves communication/workflow between Radiology and ED through comprehensive ED-RAD discrepancy management. It facilitates ACR/JCAHO compliance, enhances efficiency/delivery of patient care, strengthens ED-RAD collaboration, and fully automates workflow.
For more information: www.healthcare.philips.com