August 9, 2007 – The Caring for Carcinoid Foundation (CFCF) hopes to co-host the 2007 Carcinoid Research Summit with the National Cancer Institute (NCI).
Through their "Move Toward a Cure" Campaign, CFCF led the carcinoid/NET community to voice support for Congressional legislation. The campaign proved highly successful, resulting in hundreds of letters to 80 U.S. Senators and 83 U.S. Representatives.
The "Move Toward a Cure" campaign also spurred several carcinoid patient support groups to take action and conduct follow-up efforts. CFCF’s current objective is to co-host the "2007 Carcinoid Research Summit" with the National Cancer Institute (NCI):
- To create a common vision for carcinoid research
- To assemble top carcinoid researchers to discuss their findings
- To identify new opportunities for research collaboration
- To raise public awareness of carcinoid research
- To potentially increase NCI funding of carcinoid research
If CFCF’s fundraising target of $50,000 is reached, they will move ahead with co-hosting the Carcinoid Research Summit.
For more information: www.caringforcarcinoid.org