Photo courtesy of Carestream Health
November 19, 2014 — Carestream will debut its Carestream Touch Ultrasound System that offers a combination of enhanced user experience and image quality to meet the needs of even the most demanding radiologists and sonographers. The product release also marks Carestream’s entry into the ultrasound market.
The Carestream Touch Ultrasound System is scheduled to be unveiled Sunday, Nov. 30, at the annual Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) conference.
This ultrasound platform delivers an all-touch control panel, integrated GPU processing power and smart transducer technology coupled with a single-board system design for advanced imaging capabilities, a compact footprint and a modern user interface. The all-touch control panel combines the speed and flexibility of a soft user interface with the tactile feedback of traditional keys. Etched marking for primary controls assists the user with easily locating key functions without looking away from the image display monitor.
Other features of the new Touch Ultrasound System include:
- A sealed panel that allows effortless cleaning to help limit the spread of pathogens;
- High-level computing power;
- Easy maneuverability and a small, lightweight footprint;
- “Swipe and go” badge log-on saves time and promotes secure access;
- “Smart connect” transducer technology enables easy one-touch selection of the desired transducer;
- Cold boot time of 18 seconds to further enhance productivity, with no need for standby mode or battery backup; and
- Easy cart adjustments to allow sonographers to position the system where it is most comfortable to help reduce repetitive stress injuries.
The Touch Ultrasound System’s unique technologies and features are planned to extend across a family of products, with the first two products expected to ship in the third quarter of 2015.
For more information: www.carestream.com