January 11, 2024 — Carestream Health has launched a new and enhanced DRX-Excel Plus X-ray System that boosts the performance of the powerful, two-in-one solution to enable more productivity and efficiency, higher image quality, and an improved experience for users and patients.
Carestream’s DRX-Excel Plus X-ray System is a flexible solution for both fluoroscopy and general radiology that can deliver real-time, high-quality images for a wide range of exams while providing important features that help create an enhanced experience for users, patients, and administrators.
New features that help simplify workflow and enhance productivity include:
- Automatic Grid Parking directly linked to the exam. This feature is particularly useful for extremity and pediatric exams.
- Automatic Filter Control that selects the proper filters according to the exam and the patient’s morphology.
- Touch Screen Interface on the tubehead that displays patient information and exam details as soon as the patient enters the room. Additionally, all table movements can be controlled by the radiographer from the touch screen, enabling easy setup of either fluoroscopy or radiography settings.
- Automatic positioning of all table axes depending on the selected exam.
- Flexibility to control table movements with foot pedals, a remote, or from the console depending on the user’s preference.
In addition to improving workflow, the DRX-Excel Plus X-ray System has new features to help limit the radiation dose. A camera integrated into the collimators allows the radiographer to position the patient directly from the console without using fluoroscopy. Also, the Automatic Filter Control feature helps ensure that the radiographer selects the proper dose.
The rich set of new features also improve the patient experience. The quicker workflow helps reduce study time, making the exam process easier on patients. These complement the system’s existing patient comfort features like the industry’s lowest table height and relaxing, ambient lighting and music.
“The expanded features, which are made easily accessible to radiographers, make the imaging workflow more efficient and easier,” said Marco Riolfo, Global Marketing Manager, Digital Radiography Rooms at Carestream. “With increased efficiency, radiographers have additional time to focus on patients, which helps to ease patients’ anxiety and increases their satisfaction with the imaging experience.”
Optimized to support large-and-midsize hospitals and medical centers, this system combines the power of fluoroscopy and general radiology in one compact unit at an affordable price to deliver high-resolution images for an accelerated workflow while offering a wide range of exams. It is available as a dRF configuration with a single, flat-panel digital detector for both RAD and fluoroscopy, or with an additional overhead tube for added flexibility.
For more information: www.carestream.com