August 14, 2009 — Carestream Health Inc., debuted a CR cassette with an embedded anti-scatter grid and introduced the latest version of its CR and DR operating software at the annual meeting of the American Healthcare Radiology Administrators (AHRA) organization.
The new cassette will help boost technologists’ productivity and convenience by eliminating the need to remove an exterior grid prior to scanning and then replace the grid for the next exam. The cassette also can improve image quality, since it can be used in situations where exterior grids impede patient positioning—such as portable chest exams and trauma exams of the spine, hip or pelvis. The grid runs horizontally and is consistent with the current cassette orientation for portable chest x-rays. It can be used with DIRECTVIEW Classic and Elite CR Systems and with DIRECTVIEW CR 825/850/950/975 systems with version 4.5 software or higher.
The gridded cassette is available in the United States, Canada, Western Europe, Australia/New Zealand and other regions of the world where approved for use.
The company also introduced new operating software for its CR and DR systems with features designed to expand functionality and enhance ease of use such as:
• Ability to create CD/DVDs in DICOM or .jpg format for Classic and Elite CR system users
• Ability to automatically associate a cassette to the current patient folder, eliminating the need to bar code cassettes (for single CR cassette systems)
• Image measurement tools for distance, angle and Cobb angle;
• Addition of optical density information to the existing region of interest tool to show exposure index statistics
• Support for outputting administrative analysis and reporting data and other information to PCs that run Vista or Windows XP operating systems; and
• Additional languages including Dutch, Finnish, Polish and Russian.
The new version of operating software is already shipping with orders for new DIRECTVIEW CR Systems, DIRECTVIEW DR 7500 and CARESTREAM DRX-1 Systems and is also available as an upgrade.
Carestream Health offers a comprehensive line of CR and DR systems including: Classic and Elite CR Systems, the flexible single- and dual-detector DR 7500 platform and the industry’s first wireless, cassette-size DR detector, the CARESTREAM DRX-1 system.
For more information: www.carestreamhealth.com