At the 2016 Annual Meeting of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA 2016), Bracco Diagnostics Inc. showcased a review of key milestones the company has achieved this year in diagnostic imaging and contrast media.
The following summary provides a snapshot of major milestones impacting Bracco this year:
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval and recent launch of the first and only syringe-less power injector in the United States, designed to streamline workflow and improve patient care for computed tomography (CT);
- The company received the first FDA approval for contrast-enhanced ultrasonography of the liver in adult and pediatric patients — the first ultrasound contrast agent approved for use in pediatrics in the world. This year, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services approved coverage and coding for abdominal ultrasound with contrast under the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System;
- The company received the first and only FDA approvals of two of its barium-based products (one for CT; one for contrast radiography);
- The company received an Innovative Technology Designation from Vizient for its injectable suspension for contrast echocardiography; and
- Virtual colonoscopy received the highest grade from the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force as an alternative screening tool in detecting colorectal cancer. The recommendation was made after the task force found that CT colonography was proven to reduce the incidence and mortality of colorectal cancer, the second deadliest cancer in the U.S. Bracco markets the latest CO2 insufflator and a stool marker, or "fecal tagging" agent, for CT colonoscopy.
For more information: www.imaging.bracco.com/us-en