December 16, 2010 – A new version of a cross-enterprise document librarian has been released. The xDL version 3.4, by DeJarnette Research Systems, provides new functionality, including:
• Support for Caringo CAStor content management software
• Support for fast (http over WAN) CIFS interface
• Support for Avance clustering services from Stratus
• Support for ACE switch clustering and load balancing
• Extended XDS-I functionality
• Encryption support for non-natively encrypted storage systems
Product performance improvements include:
• Improved database performance through query optimization
• Improved memory utilization through resource optimization
• Improved performance in handling multi-frame objects
• Improved deprecated study management capability
• Improved Web Administration GUI
Since mid-spring 2010, the system was tested under an average volume load of approximately 1600 studies per day, 7 days per week. Peak hour loads three times the average daily volume were observed and handled efficiently. These studies were generated by a wide variety of modalities of many different makes and models. They were supplied on a daily basis by an academic partner over a 1 Gbit connection. Individual studies as large as 2.5 GB (compressed) were handled routinely. The average size of studies tested was 65.8 MB (compressed) and the average study contained 295.1 images. This performance was achieved with an inexpensive Dell rack computer with a single E5620 2.4 GHZ Xenon processor and 4 GB of memory running in a virtual environment with a single core assigned to the xDL.
The software was released in early October and roll out to existing customers began the end of October.
For more information: www.dejarnette.com