February 19, 2014 — The latest Soapware includes an order manager and continued progress toward 2014 meaningful use (MU). These features aim to deliver clinical value with maximum ease of use and also to meet MU 2014 requirements. Further features will be gradually added in future updates to continue to allow for a smooth transition and ample training time of MU 2014.
Features of this Soapware release are summarized below.
Order manager updates to streamline order workflows. These may be used to meet MU measures for CPOE for laboratory and radiology orders and summary of care. Updates include:
- Active orders re-design to streamlined workflow for faxing, printing and submitting orders
- Results pending section to track pending orders and to relate test results to original orders
- Order history tab with a complete history of orders placed within the patient's order manager
- All pending orders report that compiles pending orders for all patients
Vital signs to designate English or Metric system for a specific patient chart instead of a default. This will allow vitals to be recorded in the Metric system for pediatric patients and the English system for adults. The feature meets MU ONC 2014 Edition Test Script 170.314(a)(4) Vital Signs, Body Mass Index and Growth Charts, which requires selection and display of a desired unit system per individual patient.
Demographic multi-select race to allow selection of multiple races per patient to more accurately represent patient demographics. This feature meets the core measure 3, record demographics. It also meets MU ONC 2014 Edition Test Script 170.314(a)(3) Demographics Ambulatory and Inpatient Setting that requires the EHR to, "identify the EHR function(s) that are available to record more than one race for a patient."
Registry submission updates to connect with registries and transfer data electronically. Features aim to improve the submission process to immunization and syndromic surveillance registries. They were added to help eligible professionals meet the Core Measure 16: Immunization Registries Data Submission and the Menu Set Measure 1: Syndromic Surveillance Data Submission. These features also will help meet the MU ONC 2014 Edition Test Scripts for 170.314(f)(1) Immunization information & 170.314(f)(2) Transmission to immunization registries. Updates include:
- Ability to record a patient's maiden name
- Ability to indicate a patient's next of kin
- Ability to record detailed data for immunization such as the status, route, vaccinator and more
- Ability to create and manage the clinic's registries
- Ability to record patient-specific registry information such as vaccine reminder method, registry consent and more
- Ability to record patient class when submitting syndromic surveillance data
- Expanded HL7 to include additional data upon registry submission
For more information: www.soapware.com