At RSNA 2011, Sectra will highlight the latest development within its radiology IT suites, including features in its North American Radiology Information System (RIS) that support certification criteria to meet meaningful use objectives under the ARRA’s electronic health record (EHR) incentive program to increase customers’ profitability.
Sectra Diagnostic Imaging Suite features Sectra’s Web-based RIS/PACS solution optimized for efficient radiology workflows. Sectra Diagnostic Imaging Suite significantly increases efficiency by coordinating all components of enterprise workflow, including efficient planning, ADT, order-entry, scheduling, optimal patient throughput and documentation, reporting, follow-up and billing.
News at RSNA includes:
- A single workstation reporting solution with embedded speech recognition within Sectra PACS, regardless of RIS or HIS, to further streamline the radiologist’s workflows.
- A Patient Portal within Sectra RIS for North America, that supports certification criteria to meet meaningful use objectives under the ARRA’s EHR incentive program. It provides an e-mail notification to patients when clinical results are ready, and displays all relevant healthcare information such as demographics, insurance, reports, exam history, drug treatments, etc.
Additionally, Sectra RIS for North America offers the flexibility of a PACS-driven reporting workflow (with any PACS) or the existing RIS-driven reporting workflow through its embedded Nuance PowerScribe Speech Recognition solution.
Sectra Referring Physician Suite features product and services for top-of-the-line service to referring physicians.
Sectra RIS/PACS Web-based access offers referring physicians all the functionality they require, including on-line ordering, full access to reports and images and advanced imaging tools such as pre-operative planning tools and volume visualization. Extensive HIS/EPR integration provides a single point of entry to complete patient overviews in EPR, including thumbnails of both radiology and non-radiology images.
News at RSNA include:
- Computerized physician order entry (CPOE) for the North American market, through its referring physician portal, that support certification criteria to meet meaningful use objectives under the ARRA’s EHR incentive program. The portal includes order entry using the ACR Appropriateness Criteria, and a Lab Test ordering, tracking and reporting module.
- Computerized physician order entry (CPOE) for the Northern European market with support for referring physicians to book appointments that automatically are verified and registered in RIS. This novelty is available through a Web interface or in HIS via HL7 and reduces the need for radiology resources for request handling.
Sectra Cross Enterprise Suite features products and services to facilitate cooperation between multiple sites. Built on the unique Sectra RapidConnect technology, Sectra RIS/PACS allows radiologists to work from any location that offers reasonable Internet access, and to easily share images and information between multiple locations. Sectra will showcase an advanced, future-proof solution for cross-enterprise image sharing built on XDS-I. Full patient history from all connected enterprises is available as if it were a single RIS/PACS system. Apart from images, all existing reports are also shared.
Within this product suite Sectra also highlights:
- Sectra Image Central—A solution for non-radiology images. With Image Central, all images and film clips, regardless of format and from any discipline, are included in the cross-enterprise workflow.
- Sectra Open Archive—A central archiving solution that provides healthcare organizations with a safe, robust, cost-efficient long-term storage of images across all diagnostic imaging.
For more information: www.sectra.com