The HERA I10 ultrasound system on display at the ISUOG World Congress 2018. Image courtesy of Samsung Medison.
October 24, 2018 — Samsung Electronics affiliate Samsung Medison is showcasing its new generation of premium ultrasound systems — the HERA W10 and prototype of a chair-type ultrasound system HERA I10 — at the 28th World Congress of the International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology (ISUOG), Oct. 21-24 in Singapore.
HERA is a new premium platform which stands for Hyper-aperture Enhanced Reconstruction Architecture. The platform incorporates Samsung’s new Crystal Architecture to provide advanced technology and capabilities with a new level of image quality. The HERA platform combines Crystal Architecture with an advanced transducer technology called S-Vue that allows an 11-fold increase in processing power and 10 times the data transfer speed of Samsung’s previous system. It is expected to facilitate the examination of high-risk pregnancies and early diagnosis of abnormal fetus conditions.
New features for Samsung’s HERA W10 ultrasound system offer clinicians an optimized workflow and more information to overcome challenges, including:
Image Quality Features
- Crystal Architecture — Offers a superior image with single-crystal probe technology, S-Vue, a new CrystalBeam beamforming technology and an advanced post-processing engine. CrystalLive;
- ShadowHDR – Provides a shadow suppressed image, especially applicable to highly attenuated regions such as fetal head and spine; and
- HQ-Vision – Allows users get high resolution images to detect clinically important details.
New Samsung Exclusive Technologies
- MV-Flow – Offers a detailed view of blood flow in relation to the surrounding tissues or pathology with an enhanced spatial and temporal resolution; and
- LumiFlow – Provides a three-dimensional visualization of continuous and volumic vascular image.
- Wide Control Panel – Adopted rotatable control panel with a top-notch swivel mechanism. Allows moving range of 550mm from left to right and 219mm from top to bottom; and
- Touch Customization – Allows users to easily change the position of the button on the touchscreen for each mode and feature.
In addition to HERA W10, Samsung is unveiling a prototype of HERA I10, which shares the same platform with a completely new ergonomic redesign. HERA I10 is a next-generation chair-type ultrasound system with a design that meets the unique needs of OB/GYN professionals. HERA I10 provides a comfortable experience for both the doctor and the patient by addressing the discomfort from the spacing and position of the clinicians. It eliminates the need for the patient to shift the body, as it automatically adjusts for proper positioning. It also reduces the force required to move the control panel back and forth and the resistance force on the wrist.
A new ultrasound solution, SonoSync, will also be introduced, which allows healthcare professionals to see real-time ultrasound scanning images in remote places. SonoSync provides two-way communications through voice chatting and marking, improving accessibility. It can be installed on various devices such as smartphones, laptops and desktop PCs. This allows multi-location, real-time training and education among healthcare professionals. Its Multiview feature also increases productivity by viewing multiple image scans in one screen.
For more information: www.samsunghealthcare.com