October 14, 2013 — Samsung Medison announced it is showcasing two new ultrasound systems including the UGEO WS80A, the first ultrasound device for obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN) at the 23rd International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology (ISUOG) World Congress.
- 21.5-inch wide LED screen with 10.1-inch touch panel.
- FRV + Inversion Mode — faster realization of Feto Realistic View (FRV) that displays lifelike detail of anatomic structures.
- 5D NT — Enables realistic visualization of Nuchal translucency (NT) images that help detect Down syndrome.
- 5D Cine — Provides images that can be viewed on 3-D televisions for healthcare practitioners to acquire clinical value through more accurate diagnoses of lesions and blood vessels. Apart from the clinical benefit, this feature also gives soon-to-be-parents the opportunity to meet their yet-to-be-born baby in 3-D.
- Breast elastography that simplifies distinguishing benign from malignant masses through acquiring the strain ratio between the target and reference area faster than the previous models.
Samsung also showcased the handheld UGEO HM70A at the exhibition center. The versatile device can be deployed across a number of fields including OB/GYN, radiology and cardiology. Both products will be available this month in South Korea, Australia and other countries in Europe and Southeast Asia, with a launch in the United States and Japan to follow in the beginning of next year.
For more information: www.samsungmedison.com