October 24, 2020 — RefleXion Medical, a therapeutic oncology company pioneering biology-guided radiotherapy* (BgRT) as a new modality for treating all stages of cancer, today announced that eight clinical abstracts evaluating the use of its novel technology were accepted for presentation during the virtual American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) 2020 Annual Meeting, Oct. 24-28.
“We are thrilled to have eight abstracts from leading academic clinicians highlighting our technology,” said Sean Shirvani, M.D., senior vice president of Clinical and Medical Affairs at RefleXion. “The presentations will share new data on the potential of BgRT for targeting tumors in diverse anatomic locations and from varied histologies, including non-small cell lung, prostate and pancreatic cancers. The investigations also explore the exciting opportunity of leveraging PET information as a future biomarker with BgRT.
“Through our clinical partnerships, we continue to produce comprehensive, evidence-based research that builds on the strong foundation of previously published studies,” continued Shirvani. “We believe the RefleXion X1 can form the backbone of any radiotherapy clinic, as it delivers IMRT/SBRT/SRS and unlocks opportunities for procedural growth with BgRT in local and metastatic disease.”
The following presentations taking place during ASTRO 2020 evaluate RefleXion’s novel technology:
Sunday, Oct 25, 2:15 PM. Poster Session 02, Poster Hall:
- 2686 “Simultaneous Integrated Boost of Lung Tumors in the Stereotactic Ablative Setting using BgRT Tracked Delivery”
- 2831 “Use of a Detailed Process Map for Clinical Workflow of a New Biology-guided Radiotherapy (BgRT) Machine”
- 2768 “Feasibility of Biology-Guided Radiotherapy for Pancreatic Tumors: An Assessment of Normalized Target SUV”
Monday, Oct 26, 12:20 PM Physics 06 – Imaging and Response Assessment:
- SS 21 – “Increased 18F-FDG Metabolic Activity During Lung SBRT Predicts Risk of Disease Progression: Results from a Prospective Study of Serial Inter-Fraction PET/CTs”
Tuesday, Oct 27:
- 3:15 PM QP-19 – Physics – Motion Management “Feasibility of Biology-guided Radiotherapy (BgRT) Targeting FDG Avid Liver Metastases”
- 2:00 PM 2268 PV 06 Poster “FDG-PET Metrics in Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC): A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis”
- 2:00 PM 2258 PV 06 Poster “Prognostic Value of FDG-PET Metrics for Advanced NSCLC Patients Treated with First-line Immunotherapy”
*The RefleXion X1 BgRT capability requires 510(k) clearance; this feature is not available for sale.
For more information: www.reflexion.com