March 1, 2017 — Featuring new and enhanced connected health offerings at the 2017 Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) conference and exhibition (HIMSS17), Philips showcased a broad range of population health management, acute healthcare informatics and personal health solutions, fully integrated in a highly secure, cloud-based ecosystem.
Visitors to the Philips booth experienced a comprehensive suite of interoperable intelligent solutions delivering advanced data and analytics to help support informed, value-based care decisions from the hospital into the home. Prominently featured was Philips HealthSuite, a cloud-enabled connected health ecosystem of products, programs and services that seamlessly work together to empower personalized health and continuous care across the health continuum from prevention and healthy living, to diagnosis and treatment and home care.
Personal and population health management solutions featured at the booth included the latest in population health analytics, chronic disease prevention and management, predictive analytics, enterprise telehealth, home monitoring, and sleep and respiratory care:
- With the acquisition of Wellcentive, Philips brings expertise in aggregating and analyzing patient data to improve health outcomes inside and outside the hospital walls. Philips Wellcentive analyzes 1.5 billion data points each month, to gain actionable insights, serving 35 million U.S. patients, and managing 120,000 patient populations across 50 states;
- Philips is enhancing its personal health programs with the launch of Jovia Coach, a smartphone app that combines technology with human coaching for people at-risk of type 2 diabetes. The program supports participants to adopt the dietary, lifestyle and exercise habits that could help to prevent type 2 diabetes; and
- Philips continuous care and home monitoring solutions help patients stay healthier at home, and connected to caregivers around the clock. They include Philips Lifeline medical alert device and Philips CareSage predictive analytics technology to support discharged patients in their home.
Philips Healthcare Informatics Solutions deliver actionable insights to support more confident clinical decision support and improved diagnostics. Offerings include adaptive intelligence, integrated healthcare informatics, critical care analytics, automated early warning scoring, radiation dose management, and precision medicine solutions for oncology, including genomics.
- Philips debuted IntelliSpace Enterprise Edition, a managed service for hospital-wide healthcare informatics. The platform integrates Philips IntelliSpace portfolio into a scalable solution for clinical informatics and data management. The end-to-end managed service for healthcare information technology (IT) is based on pay-per-use with built-in risk sharing. It helps hospitals to further improve quality of care while meeting the evolving challenges of budget constraints and the management, interoperability, security and value maximization of health data and IT platforms;
- Philips IntelliVue Guardian Solution, designed to aid clinicians in the early detection of subtle signs of patient deterioration in the general care ward, has now been cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for use with the Philips Wearable Biosensor, a medical-grade, self-adhesive, single patient-use wireless device worn discreetly on the chest that automatically and continuously measures key vital signs, including respiratory rate to alert caregivers to intervene quickly;
- Philips IntelliSpace Genomics provides a secure healthcare informatics solution that integrates genomic information with full patient context to empower clinicians with precision diagnostics and therapeutics across hospitals. The solution, powered by Philips HealthSuite, delivers real-time, actionable diagnostic information — including raw sequencing data, up-to-date in silico genomic databases, clinical data and knowledge databases, longitudinal patient records, medical images and pathology data — to physicians and specialists for therapy planning at the point of care; and
- Philips Illumeo is a newly launched imaging and informatics technology with adaptive intelligence that enhances how radiologists interpret and share medical images. The company said the intelligent software is the first to combine contextual awareness capabilities with advanced data analytics to augment the work of the radiologist.
For more information: www.usa.philips.com/healthcare