March 20, 2008 - Welch Allyn recently announced at the 2008 HIMSS show that it created a new certification program for vendors of electronic health record (EHR) software that connect to Welch Allyn devices.
The company's EHR certification designation is applied to select vendors of software that meets a stringent set of business, product development, service and training requirements as they pertain to the connectivity of the EHR system with select Welch Allyn cardiopulmonary and vital signs devices for the ambulatory care marketplace.
The company said the certification process will help provide improved functionality and better support for customers that purchase EHR systems with connectivity to Welch Allyn devices.
Certified vendors will receive a "seal of certification" from Welch Allyn, which will help physicians identify vendors that have been through the company's review process.
The following software vendors have successfully completed the Welch Allyn certification process and are certified for Welch Allyn device connectivity:
- AllScripts, Touchworks EHR
- e-ClinicalWorks, e-ClinicalWorks EMR
- e-MDs, e-MDs Solution Series EMR
- GEMMS, GEMMS One
- Greenway Medical Technologies, PrimeSuite EHR
- Henry Schein Medical System, MicroMD EMR
- MediNotes, MediNotes e
- Misys Healthcare, Misys EMR
- NextGen Healthcare Systems, NextGen EMR
- Polaris-Danforth, GE Medical Systems Centricity EMR
For more information: www.welchallyn.com