November 13, 2014 — KLAS releases scores and analysis regarding solutions for electronic medical record (EMR) interoperability and health information exchanges (HIEs). This, to provide clarity into a market that is cluttered with competing claims.
EMR Interoperability 2014: Where Are We on the Yellow Brick Road?
• 82 percent of providers interviewed feel at least moderately successful in achieving interoperability. Cerner, Epic, and Siemens customers mentioned complex, multifaceted connections but did not always rate overall success as high. In contrast, athenahealth, Meditech, and NextGen customers feel successful but described common interfaces and less sophisticated capabilities.
• Less than half of providers said their vendor cooperates well with other vendors. But there are exceptions.
• HIE was named as the top interoperability platform currently used to impact patient care. It is also the most common target for future investment.
2013 Best in KLAS: Software and Services - Health Information Exchange category
1. Epic Care Everywhere - 89.3
2. Orion Health HIE - 84.6
3. Siemens MobileMD HIE - 81.2
4. Cerner Network - 78.9
5. eClinicalWorks Electronic Health eXchange (eEHX) - 77.2
6. RelayHealth Information Exchange - 73.0
7. Medicity HIE - 66.5
8. Optum Health Information Exchange - 50.7
2014 Best in KLAS: Software and Services report
Data collection in progress until Dec. 15, 2014. Results to be announced end of January 2015.
For more information: www.klasresearch.com