October 10, 2012 — Intelerad Medical Systems announced the release of InteleConnect 4.4.1, a new version of its referring physician portal. Recognized for its intuitive navigation and functionality, InteleConnect 4.4.1 delivers high-quality medical imaging reports and images, with enhanced communication and self-service functionality to improve efficiency.
“InteleConnect is a zero-footprint clinical portal that facilitates instant patient-centric collaboration between radiologists and referring physicians, which is something that was requested by a number of our customers,” said Rick Rubin, Intelerad chief engineering officer. “With InteleConnect 4.4.1, referring physicians’ user experience will be greatly enhanced, allowing them to access information faster and deliver better service to patients.”
Key features in InteleConnect 4.4.1 include:
- On-refer, which allows referring physicians to see who dictated the original case and easily refer specific cases to a specialist.
- Break-glass functionality, which provides clinicians with self-service access to restricted patient results (with audited access), which alleviates the administrative burden of adjusting permissions to allow a physician to access a file.
- A free iOS app that will be available in Apple’s iTunes App Store, streamlining the user experience by providing physicians with instant notifications regarding pending cases on their iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
- Instant messaging for consultations, built directly in the solution.
- Real-time confirmations that physicians have viewed the radiology results.
- The ability to display multiple levels of critical results, pending critical results and results acknowledgements to ensure that physicians have all of the information they need.
As with previous versions, InteleConnect is compatible with any Web browser, provides optional audio reports, patient search, timely email notifications for critical results and status updates of ordered requisitions. The solution also offers premium placement of a company name and logo, so a radiology group’s brand can be recognized and associated with quality results. Additionally, the portal provides the ability for radiology groups to advertise events or post group messages to referrers.
“We’re quite excited about the continued evolution of InteleConnect,” said Rubin. “As with all of our releases, we spoke at length with our customers to deliver a product that meets their needs. In this case, our goal was to improve the way physicians and radiologists work, both independently and collaboratively, and I’m confident in saying that this solution will meet that goal.”
For more information: http://www.intelerad.com/en/P142-inteleconnect.html