News | Brachytherapy Systems | March 18, 2016

Global Brachytherapy Market Reaches $705 Million in 2015

MEDraysintell projects 8 percent annual growth through 2030 to a total value of $2 billion

global brachytherapy market value, MEDraysintell

March 18, 2016 — The global market for brachytherapy reached $705 million in 2015, according to a report from MEDraysintell. Of that total, the high-dose rate (HDR) and low-dose-rate (LDR) segments accounted for just over 60 percent, while the microspheres and electronic brachytherapy commanded the remaining 40 percent.

The global brachytherapy market in 2015, expressed in U.S. dollars, has been affected by exchange rate fluctuations of the major currencies against the U.S. dollar. The brachytherapy market size displayed an annual growth of 3 percent during the last two years to reach $705 million in 2015. Without this exchange rate influence, MEDraysintell estimates that the brachytherapy market would have reached about $800 million, thereby exhibiting an annual growth of more than 8 percent.

The brachytherapy market is expected to reach $2 billion in 2030, growing by 8 percent annually, mainly driven by the microspheres market as well as electronic brachytherapy, which is gaining significant interest worldwide as a user-friendly technology. The LDR brachytherapy seeds market is expected to grow substantially in new large markets such as China and India because of its reduced cost, together with a high therapeutic success rate.

The top ten companies control about 80 percent of the world brachytherapy market and more than 20 companies share the remaining 20 percent. Several new companies have penetrated the brachytherapy market in the last few years and a few others are expected to join the market in the coming years.

For more information: www.medraysintell.com

Related Content

Technology becomes a state-of-the-art tool when it gets exposed to a structure that constantly tests it and allows it to evolve.

Technology becomes a state-of-the-art tool when it gets exposed to a structure that constantly tests it and allows it to evolve. Getty Images

Feature | Oncology Information Management Systems (OIMS) | May 27, 2020 | By Reshu Gupta
In the history of medicine, researchers have found cures for many diseases, but cancer has been elusive.
Miami Cancer Institute’s Proton Therapy Center is the first in South Florida and the region’s top destination for this leading-edge treatment. Proton therapy is an advanced form of radiation therapy that uses pencil beam scanning (PBS) technology.

Miami Cancer Institute’s Proton Therapy Center is the first in South Florida and the region’s top destination for this leading-edge treatment. Proton therapy is an advanced form of radiation therapy that uses pencil beam scanning (PBS) technology.

Feature | Proton Therapy | May 27, 2020 | By Minesh Mehta, M.D.
Radiation therapy has advanced significantly in the last few decades as a result of a continued technological revolut
The global radiation therapy market is expected to reach $10.11 billion in 2024, witnessing growth at a CAGR of 3.38%, over the period 2020-2024.
News | Proton Therapy | May 20, 2020
May 20, 2020 — ResearchAndMarkets.com has released its latest report, the ...
An innovative radiation treatment that could one day be a valuable addition to conventional radiation therapy for inoperable brain and spinal tumors is a step closer, thanks to new research led by University of Saskatchewan (USask) researchers at the Canadian Light Source (CLS).

USask PhD bio-medical engineering student Farley Chicilo at the Canadian Light Source synchrotron at University of Saskatchewan. Photo courtesy of Canadian Light Source, University of Saskatchewan

News | Radiation Therapy | May 14, 2020
May 14, 2020 — An innovative radiation treatment t
Medical University of South Carolina researchers have developed and validated prediction tools, known as nomograms, that could be used to help prevent delays in the initiation of radiotherapy after surgery for head and neck cancer

 

Evan Graboyes, M.D., and his team believe their nomogram tools will improve survival rates for head and neck cancer patients. Photo courtesy of MUSC Hollings Cancer Center

 

News | Radiation Oncology | May 14, 2020
May 14, 2020 — More than 65,000 Americans are diagnosed annually with head and neck cancer, which most often occurs i
Due to ongoing health concerns related to the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) as well as global travel restrictions, the American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM) has decided to evolve the Joint AAPM/COMP (Canadian Organization of Medical Physicists) Meeting content into a virtual (completely online) meeting in place of the in-person meeting originally scheduled for July 12-16, 2020, in Vancouver, BC.
News | AAPM | May 11, 2020
May 11, 2020 — Due to ongoing health concerns related to the spread of the Coronavirus (...
Figure 1: CT image of lesions in different planes

Figure 1: CT image of lesions in different planes.

Sponsored Content | Case Study | Radiation Oncology | April 30, 2020 | By Christopher Bowen, M.S., DABR
360 Photos | 360 View Photos | April 30, 2020
The company .decimal at ASTRO showed a 3-D prin
Two-dimensional (2D) Ruddlesden-Popper phase layered perovskites (BA)2(MA)2Pb3I10 with three layers of inorganic octahedral slab and bulky organics as spacers

Two-dimensional (2D) Ruddlesden-Popper phase layered perovskites (BA)2(MA)2Pb3I10 with three layers of inorganic octahedral slab and bulky organics as spacers. Image courtesy of Dave Tsai/Los Alamos

News | X-Ray | April 24, 2020
April 24, 2020 — Getting an X-ray at the dentist or