August 17, 2011 – At the 2011 American Hospital Radiology Administrators conference (AHRA), Fujifilm Medical Systems U.S.A. announced its entry into the portable ultrasound market with the commercial availability of the Fazone CB. Designed to meet the needs of the point-of-care and mobile healthcare environments, the Fazone CB is a compact and lightweight unit that produces high-quality images quickly and easily for on-the-go clinicians.
The Fazone CB features Zone Sonography (from Zonare), a technology that employs complex signal processing unlike other conventional ultrasound systems. Zone Sonography acquires ultrasound data ten times faster, resulting in less motion artifacts delivering image uniformity at every point.
Other highlights of the Fazone CB include:
- One-touch image optimization
- Ready to use within seconds
- On-board USB, HDMI and Ethernet ports allow for simple connectivity anywhere
- All management tools are available in the system, including digital imaging and communications in medicine (DICOM) store, print, MWLM and MPPS
- Optional fully adjustable and extremely maneuverable cart provides the capabilities of a traditional cart-based system, including multiple transducer connectors
- Optional full-size keyboard
- Multiple documentation options to choose from
- Large 12-inch monitor for easy viewing
In Japan, the Fazone CB won the 2010 Good Design Award, an award that bestows international recognition upon the world's most prominent designers and manufacturers for advancing new, visionary and innovative product concepts, invention and originality, and for stretching the envelope beyond what is considered ordinary product and consumer design.
For more information: www.fujimed.com