January 5, 2012 — Attendees at RSNA 2011 will be among the first to see the latest addition to Fujifilm's Synapse picture archiving and communications system (PACS) family of medical informatics solutions. Synapse PACS 4.0 includes improvements to image visualization and enhanced ease-of-use to further maximize the user experience and improve overall efficiency.
The latest key features include:
- Image processing for all of the company's digital radiography (DR) and full-field digital mammography (FFDM) systems
- Advanced integration utilizing DatCard's collaborative image access, intelligent archival management, and standards-based interoperability across all imaging environments
- User interface advancements for customizable user interface functions, native 64-bit OS support, active overlays, resident reading, spine labeling and a user dashboard
- Use of Oracle Database version 11g Enterprise Edition
- Support for VMware's Version 5.0 virtualization products
"We listened to our customers and made these improvements based on their feedback," said Jim Morgan, vice president of medical informatics for Fujifilm. "As a result, Synapse 4.0 is faster and much more intuitive, while allowing users to be more productive. This ultimately enables them to spend more time focusing on their patients."
The system’s global customer base has surpassed 3,500 systems, and includes a variety of imaging centers and hospitals. Recent installations include Western New York's Kaleida Health, Massachusetts-based Baystate Health, and the state of California.
In addition to the PACS, Fujifilm will also highlight other Synapse products at RSNA, including:
- Synapse RIS, Synapse TeleRIS featuring version 6.1. It includes an enhanced dashboard that gives the user an ability to better manage performance in real time; Synapse Financials for RIS (radiology information systems), which provides a seamless option of incorporating the billing process into the system; and a feature that will alert the user to dose management concerns for the patient.
- Synapse 3-D is a comprehensive suite of clinical applications directly integrated into both Synapse PACS and Synapse Cardiovascular, providing access to advanced diagnostic tools without the need for separate workstations.
- Synapse Mobility is a zero footprint application enabling access to the suite of Synapse products from hand-held mobile devices, as well as Macintosh- or Windows-based PCs.
- Synapse Cardiovascular provides a completely web based solution for cardiovascular imaging.
- Synapse vCloud enables Fujifilm to manage Synapse RIS, PACS and related IT functions, freeing facilities to fully concentrate on delivery of care. The application is comprised of a set of turnkey solutions including software, systems management, PACS and RIS hosting and disaster recovery.
Synapse PACS 4.0 will be commercially available in December 2011.
For more information: www.fujimed.com