May 21, 2015 — Elekta has CE marked the latest version (v5.10) of its popular Monaco treatment planning system, enabling its sale to European clinics. The system supports major treatment techniques including advanced 3-D planning, intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), volumetric arc therapy (VMAT) and stereotactic planning – all in a single system.
Monaco v5.10 provides significant planning and quality assurance (QA) enhancements, as well improved workflow efficiency. Advancements in 3-D planning as well as the addition of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and forward planning capabilities further reinforces Monaco as a robust and flexible treatment planning solution. Now, users can simplify their planning with advanced time-saving tools, speed up workflow and ultimately create better plans with fewer contours and therefore less variability.
Furthermore, utilizing the Monte Carlo algorithm, Monaco now enables users to recalculate third-party plans for quality assurance checks.
Key Monaco v5.10 benefits designed to improve planning time enable clinicians to:
- Optimize plan creation with customizable templates that can be shared across institutions;
- Plan multiple patients simultaneously;
- Achieve better dose conformity with state-of-the art optimization tools;
- Create multiple prescriptions within a single active plan; and
- Quickly learn and use the system through its modern, intuitive interface.
For more information: www.elekta.com