Candelis's iMed-Stor 300 is a dedicated DICOM-compliant archive appliance engineered specifically to provide secure, cost-effective management of digital medical images and studies for stand-alone imaging operations, including private practices, hospital departments, imaging centers and multi-physician clinics using a single imaging modality.
As an archive appliance designed to connect to existing networks, the iMed-Stor 300 does not require costly installation or advanced IT expertise. The appliance can receive studies from a number of different imaging modalities – including CR, DR, ultrasound, digital mammography, MRI, CT and PET/CT – simply, cost-effectively and without operational downtime to allow imaging operations to focus on patient care and growth.
The iMed-Stor is fully compliant with DICOM protocols and standards and can work seamlessly alongside any PACS. An optional Web-based, FDA 510(k)-cleared DICOM viewer enables diagnostic reading from any location offering a secure Internet connection.
Additional iMed-Stor 300 feature highlights include:
- RAID 5 archiving with initial raw capacity points of 1, 2, 3 or 4 terabyte (TB)
- Embedded database with DICOM engine for image archiving and management
- Web-based system administration and operator interface
- Multiple AE system titles for archive partitioning by multi-physician practices
- SSL connection support
- Ability to attach encapsulated user documents (e.g. PDF report) in DICOM format to an imaging study and archiving
- Manual and automated DICOM routing
- Optional HL7 Support for integration with EMR, RIS or HIS
- Optional Modality Worklist and patient registration
- Optional Tape Drive for data back-up
The iMed-Stor 300 is now available to customers in the U.S. with RAID 5 archiving and 1TB capacity, and additional capacity configurations are also available. An optional FDA 510(k)-cleared, Web-based DICOM viewer is also available.