December 2, 2013 — BridgeHead Software, a healthcare data management developer, announced BridgeHead Deduplication for Backup and Recovery along with integrated support for HP StoreOnce Backup at the Radiological Society of North America Annual Meeting (RSNA 2013). Ideally suited for hospitals that need to move some or all of their backup copies to a remote disaster recovery (DR) location, BridgeHead’s new deduplication capabilities help lower storage costs and administrative burdens while simultaneously freeing up floor space in the primary datacenter.
BridgeHead with embedded HP Catalyst software supports inline data reduction at the backup source before the backup copy is written to disk. The disk target can be local to the hospital application, or it can be available over a wide-area network (WAN) connection at a remote site. Many hospitals will find it beneficial to combine the use of local and remote storage to gain the benefits of local recovery of more recent data together with disaster recovery protection at a remote site.
Key features allow users to:
- Reduce required storage space for BridgeHead backup copies of data at typically 20:1 ratios and consequently reduce floor space in the hospital that is required by storage
- Improve recovery point objective (RPO)/recovery time objective (RTO) with online deduplicated disk stores
- Optimize network use to enable remote disaster recovery protection replacing tape rotation
- Free disk space and extend the life of expensive storage systems
- Deploy with flexible options for use with any brand of storage
- Enable backup to cloud, whether at a remote hospital site or third-party cloud provider with the integrated use of HP StoreOnce Backup
- Encrypt deduplicated data at rest as part of the solution
- Deduplicate any BridgeHead backup for maximum advantages
“Our work with hospitals always involves seeking efficiencies that we can bring to the table for our clients,” said Jack Margossian, president, Comport Healthcare Solutions. “We anticipate that BridgeHead’s integration with HP’s StoreOnce Catalyst will be very helpful in reducing bandwidth requirements for cloud or remote site backups, lowering costs and enhancing disaster recovery capabilities.”
BridgeHead is located at booth 4573 in the South Hall at RSNA 2013.
For more information: www.bridgeheadsoftware.com