April 3, 2009 - AMICAS Inc. will announce the general availability of AMICAS PACS Version 6.0 and will display the full portfolio of imaging IT solutions for hospitals and ambulatory imaging businesses at the HIMSS ‘09 Annual Conference.
AMICAS PACS Version 6.0, which will be generally available in April, introduces intrinsic 3D, sophisticated mammography workflow, advanced personalization and hanging protocols, and patient-centric reading to the imaging marketplace.
Version 6.0 introduces the next generation of AMICAS PACS, and will combine the intuitive, easy-to-use, Web-based design of previous versions of AMICAS PACS with major enhancements to the image viewing toolset. Complementing the industry leading, workload balancing RealTime Worklist, Version 6.0 will introduce the Halo Viewer, including advances in functionality aimed at increasing radiologist productivity and designed to help improve the quality of reading.
With Version 6.0’s intrinsic 3D and mammography workflow tools, radiologists will be able to interpret a wide variety of exam types – all within a single viewer. These new tools are designed to provide increased efficiency by allowing radiologists to interpret an increasing percentage of their interpretation workload within their normal workflow, without requiring specialty workstations.
"The intrinsic 3D and mammography capabilities embedded in the Halo Viewer will provide a consistent user experience -- a single user interface that will deliver a flexible diagnostic toolset for radiologists, regardless of the types of studies being read," said Rodney Hawkins, vice president of product management at AMICAS.
"Combining these tools with the unique ability to automate 3D visualization and manipulation through hanging protocols will help radiologists handle very large data sets quickly and efficiently," said Mr. Hawkins.
In addition to making this announcement at HIMSS '09, AMICAS will highlight a comprehensive portfolio of imaging IT solutions for hospitals and ambulatory imaging businesses, which includes:
- AMICAS RIS, which can be used to drive administrative staff productivity and revenue opportunities.
- AMICAS PACS, which can be used to drive significant improvements in radiologist productivity while enabling improvements in the quality of care.
- AMICAS Reach, which enables radiology practices and departments to provide unparalleled service to referring physicians.
- AMICAS RadStream, which helps to reduce medical-legal risk by automating and documenting critical results communications.
- AMICAS Financials, which helps to increase collections and reduce costs by automating the identification and management of denials and follow-up workflows.
- AMICAS Dashboards, which is a Web-based business intelligence platform providing access to customized, near real time, easy-to-read data for key performance metrics and indicators.
- AMICAS Documents, a paperless solution which streamlines workflow, reduces expenses, increases FTE productivity, increases collections, and facilitates HIPAA compliance.
For more information: www.amicas.com