May 26, 2009 - Agfa HealthCare will highlight the enhanced integrated workflow capabilities of its IMPAX RIS (radiology information systems), PACS (picture archiving and communication systems) and reporting solutions for radiology and its enterprise visualization solutions, IMPAX Data Center and IMPAX Mobility Enterprise Clinical Viewer* at SIIM 2009, the annual meeting for the Society for Imaging Informatics in Medicine, to be held June 4-7 in Charlotte, N.C.
Agfa HealthCare's will demonstrate how IMPAX solutions bring a consolidated view and centralized management of patient image and information data to the point-of-care to improve the efficiency and experience of radiologists, clinical staff and referring physicians.
Agfa HealthCare's solutions on display at SIIM 2009 include integrated RIS/PACS/reporting offerings:
- IMPAX 6, a Web-deployable image and information management solution, helps streamline enterprise workflow and deliver increased efficiency and productivity to hospitals and healthcare facilities.
- IMPAX RIS, which enables end-to-end electronic management of radiology operations, includes modules ranging from patient registration to worklist generation and medical reporting to transcription and business intelligence, as well as optional modules for scheduling and management reporting.
- IMPAX Reporting, an integrated reporting tool set that supports voice recognition and digital dictation models and uses macros and other automated editing features that allow automatic distribution to the RIS and the referring physician.
- IMPAX Enterprise Scheduling, a Web-based scheduling application, enables referring physicians and their staff to quickly schedule exams, book patient appointments, and place orders directly within the Radiology Department's master schedule in real-time, to help improve patient satisfaction and efficient use of resources.
- IMPAX Clinical Applications, a series of modules that provide point-of-care access to pre-integrated applications, such as 3D, fusion, digital subtraction angiography, X-ray angiography, X-ray vascular analysis and nuclear medicine, that are typically available only as third party integrations. Integration with IMPAX provides a highly efficient workflow for the radiologist to access an automated, easy-to-use set of tools for comparing images.
Agfa HealthCare's enterprise visualization solutions include:
- IMPAX Data Center, a vendor-neutral enterprise imaging infrastructure that can serve as the foundation for healthcare enterprises who want to take control of managing and distributing their clinical imaging information using a standards-based infrastructure. Highly scalable and fault tolerant, this DICOM archive system can become an important component of a hospital's archive, access, and disaster recovery strategies.
- IMPAX Mobility Enterprise Clinical Viewer*, an ultra-thin, Web-deployable enterprise image and result viewer designed for rapid and easy deployment, operating across wide area networks.
IMPAX Mobility uses server-side computing, adaptive streaming, and micro-footprint clients to give access to data and tools on virtually any wired/wireless Microsoft Windows-based PC, laptop, tablet, Ultra Mobile PC, or Smartphone device at any location with an internet connection and over any type of network connection. IMPAX Mobility is a best-of-class enterprise clinical viewer targeted for use by specialists, and referring physicians and provides a rich set of 2D and 3D image review and manipulation tools. As its name implies, Mobility may be launched from the EHR or Web portal and is easily deployed to existing PCs that use the Microsoft Windows operating system within or outside the institution. Clinicians will benefit from IMPAX Mobility as it allows them to easily manage consultation services with colleagues as well as providing bedside education to patients.
*IMPAX Mobility is manufactured by Medical Insight A/S as "EasyViz"
Other Agfa HealthCare solutions on display at SIIM 2009 include:
- IMPAX for Digital Mammography, a diagnostic review station that combines high-contrast, state-of-the-art monitors with powerful automation tools to improve mammography workflow and radiologist efficiency.
- IMPAX Cardiovascular, a modular and cost-effective solution for cardiovascular imaging and structured reporting that enables clinicians to comprehensively review and process multimodality images and provides a longitudinal, consolidated view of patient images and information from a single point of access.
- CR 30-X, a compact and convenient CR solution, the CR 30-X is easy to install, use, and maintain and provides seamless integration, from X-ray exposure to print or softcopy. Flexible and robust, it uses proven technologies to deliver uncompromising and consistent image quality. The CR 30-X offers an ideal solution for any private and decentralized CR environment.
IHE Connectivity Demonstration, showcases the interoperable design compliance of Agfa HealthCare's workflow and imaging solutions with IHE (Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise), an initiative to create common frameworks for information sharing between medical information systems. Agfa HealthCare is a leader in delivering standards-based, vendor-neutral imaging and information management solutions that support healthcare providers' freedom to choose and integrate the tools that are right for their patients.
For more information: www.agfa.com