October 3, 2013 — Philips Speech Processing Solutions announced it will partner with ZyDoc, a medical transcription, speech recognition and natural language processing (NLP) technologies integrator, to continue to provide advances in voice productivity solutions.
The partnership will add functionality from Philips to the ZyDoc transcription platform and will allow ZyDoc to install enterprise dictation systems behind clients’ firewalls for complete security. Expanded features now available to ZyDoc transcription clients and Philips Channel Partners include:
- Front-end speech recognition (SR) for radiologists and IT-capable doctors
- Back-end SR for typists to lower typing burden, improve turnaround time (TAT) and lower costs
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)-secure digital recorders and enterprise device management
- Advanced template management system
- Smartphone dictation
- Improved report management
- Automatic generation of Structured Reporting
- Easier HL-7 interface
“We are excited to partner with Speech Processing Solutions to integrate Philips products. ZyDoc has 20 years of speech recognition expertise in developing customized, highly accurate language models for radiology, ophthalmology, mental health, and many other medical specialties and sub-specialties. The relationship with Speech Processing Solutions allows us to expand ZyDoc’s award-winning web-based transcription services with sophisticated Philips SR technology, including the capability to install HIPAA-compliant dictation systems in highly secure enterprise-level network environments. The advanced transcription platform is complemented by our ability to perform analytics, automated coding and transparent insertion of text and data into the next generation of EHRs,” said James Maisel, M.D. and chairman, ZyDoc.