November 15, 2017 — In a move to adopt a single-vendor imaging informatics platform for its system-wide needs, WellStar Health System signed a new agreement with Agfa HealthCare for the company's Enterprise Imaging platform. The comprehensive suite of enterprise software applications will allow the health system to connect its clinicians with patient imaging information across multiple hospitals and hundreds of ambulatory care locations across Georgia.
By consolidating imaging systems, WellStar's providers will have rapid access to imaging information and be better able to communicate with providers across the care continuum. WellStar will utilize the entire suite of Enterprise Imaging solutions, which include:
- Enterprise Imaging for Radiology - a customizable workflow tool designed for radiologists to enable optimal efficiency and effectiveness in reading radiological studies;
- Enterprise Imaging Exchange - allows fast, secure, reliable transfer of multiple types of patient studies;
- Enterprise Imaging Vendor-Neutral Archive (VNA) - consolidates imaging data from multiple systems, departments, facilities and vendors into a central clinical data foundation;
- Web-based Xero universal image viewer - provides secure access to DICOM and non-DICOM imaging data from different departments and multiple sources, in one view, to clinicians inside and outside of the hospital; and
- Standardized Departmental Workflows - allow all image-producing service lines to capture and associate imaging studies with an episode of care, to drive enterprise-wide efficiency.
With Agfa's platform, clinicians can view and share imaging data securely, no matter where they practice medicine. A variety of multimedia and textual information can be captured in a variety of ways across the care continuum and associated with patient encounters — including video and still images.
"As the largest health system in Georgia, it is essential that our investments in new technology align with creating new efficiencies that allow for higher quality and improved access to healthcare," said Kristen Trice, vice president diagnostic outreach, WellStar Health System. "Managing information securely and efficiently is a critical component of our vision to deliver world-class healthcare. We believe by consolidating our services, we are creating value for our providers and patients."
WellStar Health System, a not-for-profit, is the largest health system in the state of Georgia and comprised of 11 hospitals, 2,775 inpatient beds and more than 250 medical office locations.
For more information: www.agfahealthcare.com